Look up ZIP codes on your iPhone or iPod touch
Translations: I’m looking for some people who could help me translating ZIPcodes.app to other languages than English – if you’re willing to spend a few minutes translating some phrases please send me a short message! Thx!!
mobileZIPcodes is a small tool that allows you to browse ZIP codes and the corresponding city/state/district/country data on your iPhone or iPod touch.
As you don’t require to be online while looking up the ZIP code information, it is in particular useful for iPod touch users without the ability to use EDGE on the way.
- Austria (data source: openGeoDB)
- Australia (data source: Australian Post, authorized by eMail)
- Belgium (data source: www.post.be (authorized by eMail)
- China (data source: travelchinaguide.com)
- France (data source: user contributed, thx Dualcore!)
- Germany (data source: openGeoDB)
- Italy (data source: trovacap)
- Kuwait (data source: mandoubco.com)
- Mexico (data source: sepomex)
- Netherlands (data source: locatie DB, may be outdated and/or incomplete)
- New Zealand (data source: noodles.net.nz)
- Norway (data source: posten.no)
- Serbia / Montenegro (data source: Wikipedia)
- Spain (data source: user contributed, thx Marcos & Esfera!)
- Sweden (data source: Statistiska centralbyrån)
- Switzerland (data source: openGeoDB)
- United Kingdom (data source: adapted from PocketInfo travel)
- United States (data source: geocoder.ibegin.com)
- Data of many countries (see above), more countries to come if I’m able to get access to the ZIP code data
- Information about the city,state,district a ZIP codes corresponds to
- Search for any city or ZIP code
- Favourites list: add often used ZIP codes to easily access them
If you want to have the ZIP code data of your country added to mobileZIPcodes and know a source where I can find the data (only legally and free accessible!) please contact me!
If you like my little app and find it useful it would give me a great pleasure if you would donate a small amount. Thank you very much!
Please note that I neither made the catalogues used in ZIPcodes by myself nor have I checked every entry for correctitude – so I’m not responsible for possibly false data.